Sunday 23 August 2015

TrimmingsAndLace For VAPH - An Isabelle Story


 photo Trimmings and Lace_Leisure Valley_14.08.2015-12.jpg  photo 2015-08-23.jpg  photo Trimmings and Lace_Leisure Valley_14.08.2015-13.jpg  photo Trimmings and Lace_Leisure Valley_14.08.2015-7.jpg  photo Trimmings and Lace_Leisure Valley_14.08.2015-11.jpg  photo Vaph Picnic1.jpg  photo Trimmings and Lace_Leisure Valley_14.08.2015-2.jpg  photo Trimmings and Lace_Leisure Valley_14.08.2015-5.jpg

Shot By - Sahil Nanda

As a fashion blogger, stylist and someone who is genetically blessed with an average height, heels often are my rescue. However, like most of you, traditionally I am all in all a flats person. Eight out of ten times, if the occasion permits, you'll see me in flats. I head out for my shoots and meetings in flats with the heels making an appearance just before I step out of the car. There too, you would rarely find me in sandals or any open-toe flats. I am a complete loafers, moccasins and ballerina kind of girl and perhaps too definitive when it comes to my flats.




This is exactly how my meeting with the VAPH team started. VAPH as a brand specializes in leather and leather textures. But what's interesting is how they have transcended the boundaries of classic leather shoes and colour tones, to introduce variants in terms of colours and textures. In their beautifully designed lookbook you'll be lost in choice amidst some colourful loafers, oxfords, lace-ups, boots and sandals crafted in a combination of suede and treated leather. Don't forget to refer the style guide for some amazing style inspirations and tips. With over 30 years of experience in designing, sourcing and shoe construction, needless to say that their pieces are crafted with meticulous attention to detail and quality.

One glance at the collection and I knew that these Isabelle loafers belonged to me. However, dressing up everyday and slipping into the closest pair of flats that you find to styling this pair was somewhat of a challenge for me. The unbound utility of these loafers to run multiple errands during the day is unmatched, but through this post I wanted to depict how stylish they look when styled for an easy and relaxed day. My idea of the same was to spend it in shorts and this breezy off-shoulder top. Thankfully it had rained a couple of hours before we set out to shoot, and what was meant to be a shoot turned into a fun day spent at the park. Heels might be a woman's weapon to stance, poise and power but flats for me are symbolic of her innocence, the child inside her and her little ways of making the world around her joyous and beautiful. An hour into the shoot and a array of feelings...a pair of shoes can change lives!

This particular pair has become my go-to and the most dependable pair on my shoe rack presently. It's easy to slip on, comfortable and sturdy especially during the rains. Don't believe me? See me do Snapchat story to show you the obvious. You can add me - TrimmingsAndLace. And for all of you dying to shop, you can check out VAPH shoes on Flipkart, Myntra and Jabong.

Wearing - 

Top - Tailored (here)
Shorts - Stalk Buy Love
Loafers - c/o VAPH (Don't forget to find them at FacebookTwitter and Instagram)
Bucket Bag - Mango (here)
Earrings - Vivat (love this)
Bangles - Westside
Headband - Forever 21 and Thrifted 

Thank you for stopping by...
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment