Wednesday 11 December 2013

The Quirkviduality Duo

                                                                                  

                                                                            

                                                                             




As a stylist, Autumn/Winter is my favourite time of the year. It’s the time when you can safely detach your fashion ideas from the conventional. You can throw on a scarf to brighten up the monotones and play around with colours and contrasts like never before. Against the dim sun cheerful prints help brave the cold, much like the vibrant plaids and tartans.
Talking of prints, fashion has forever been revolutionizing prints. I have never doubted the power of a print – be that florals, abstract, whacky, geometric or animal prints. However, post this I have never been surer of the power of a kitsch piece to make a statement like no other. THIS thanks to the pioneer of functional art in India – The Quirk Box. The Quirk Box products besides being fun, colourful, entertaining and a show-door to anything and everything mundane, are inspiring. They draw out a different perception, sometimes subjective, but always let the quirkviduality shine. Case in point this dream circus boyfriend jacket. Initially, my styling ideas were up against the wall with this jacket, but once worn all pieces came together and this statement jacket was ready to shine on.  
A cropped top lends a wonderful balance to the boyfriend jacket, while keeping the femininity of the look intact. My infatuation with crop tops over seasons has grown by the day. Bra tops, crop tees, ruffled bandeaus' or corsets, this is one trend and I vouch for self, is not going to be ditched anytime soon. Statement earrings and some arm candy in neutral tones were my accessories of choice to enhance the look without diluting the glory of our center-piece!



Wearing - 

Boyfriend Jacket - c/o The Quirk Box (Shop)
Top - Promod
Peep-toes - Vero Moda (last seen)
Watch - Kenneth Cole
Bracelets - Assorted
Earrings - Forever 21
Ring - Thrifted
On my nails - O.P.I Alpine Snow

 Thank you for stopping by...
Love
Agam





                                  

6 comments:

  1. Nice outfit, love the floral!

    Check out my latest posts on Venoma's fashion diary and feel free to enter my latest Big Jollychic 100$ coupon giveaway! :)
    XoXo Venoma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Boyfriend Jacket! I have a pair of trousers and vest from Quirk Box - one of my favorite brands :)
    Love
    Nitika
    http://www.theshopaholic-diaries.com/2013/12/ootd-kimono-top-and-sequin-pants.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have really cool collection. Their stuff ensures we look different than the crowd. Very nice jacket.

    Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this look! It's so fresh, and the jacket makes such a great statement piece. Also in reply, I'd love to follow each other - I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the complete outfit :D
    And the jacket is show stopper :D
    www.theitgirl.in

    ReplyDelete