Tuesday 24 April 2012

Now Showing...THE DRESSING ROOM

I cannot classify this as an exclusive trait or habit. Nor can I put my words in a complete cliché. But I do live and dream 'outfits.' They are my best friends in the true sense of the word. From the little girl I was till today...I have spent some very precious moments in my Dressing Room. These moments are my capsules of glory, achievement, innovation, self-expression, self-realization, the pride of being ME and the dream of being SOMEONE the world looks up too (Stepping out of that sparkling black car and waving to a sea of people waiting to catch a glimpse of me and ofcourse wishing to know "Who Am I wearing?"..to be exact :P).

So, today on TrimmingsAndLace I am introducing a new series in the domain of personal style outfits - THE DRESSING ROOM. The Dressing Room shall include fantasy outfits – describe them as pieces wanting a chance to be adorned as ‘outfits’.
Although a long way to go before they are incorporated in my everyday style…but then aren’t DREAMS THE SEEDLINGS OF REALITY??




This is my maiden outfit for THE DRESSING ROOM series. I was very active in dramatics back in High-School. One of my favorite plays, which I got a chance to be a part of was titled 'ANTIGONE'. It was a Greek play on the life of a warrior princess - which by the way was me. This outfit  is my little cheer to that ANTIGONE. And a reminder to self that if things were in my hand I would have worn this and not that super shiny, Satin gown. No wonder school auditoriums never require reflectors.







Wearing

Electric Blue Top - Thrifted (Delhi)
Maxi Skirt - Tailored
Belt - ZARA
Jhuttis - Thrifted (Chandigarh)
Neck-piece (worn in the hair) - Thrifted
Neck-piece (worn as a bracelet) - In Silver brought from Delhi
Earrings ( hooked pair in one ear) - Claire's
Ring - Gifted

Thank you so much readers for your wonderful response to the TrimmingsAndLace - Fashion Quiz. I am happy to announce Akanksha Chawla (from Fictitious Fashion) and Fashionistas Stop as my winners :D Congratulations <3<3

P.S Only comments with correct answers were approved.

For all the TrimmingsAndLace updates...don't forget to 'LIKE' TrimmingsAndLace on Facebook and 'FOLLOW' on Twitter.

Thank you for stopping by...
Love
Agam

17 comments:

  1. Wow.. This seems to be an interesting series, am sure we'll get to see some lovely outfits !! : )

    And I love your skirt, I have never tried a maxi skirt- but it looks soo good on you !! <3

    PS- new post is up on my blog !!
    Love
    Nitika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats interesting :)
    and i like the styling of the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. every girl has those special dressing up memories from childhood:)..and so do i..:)

    this outfit is really very pretty..you look like a princess:)

    *LOVE*
    Elegance Stylized Blog
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ur skirt.. n nice concept about the Dressing room :)
    Thank you so much for picking me as a winner.. I was low today.. n this win made me high high high :D

    Thanks a lot :*


    New Post is up: My 50th Post
    You are also welcome to see My Blog Makeover :) Please tell me your views

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that skirt is just gorgeous! Love this entire outfit, it's so pretty :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shade of blue and the maxi skirt is so pretty! That broad belt actually adds a little edge! You would've been such a pretty, trendy and smart warrior princess in this outfit! I don't understand why people chose gaudy, old school satin gowns for stage when outfits like this can be equally striking and yet infinitely more elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! /following/

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for your comment sweetheart:)
    love the white maxi skirt! so perfect for summer and you can wear it with almost everything:)

    Love,
    Nee
    ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just came across your blog today and really like your choice! keep up the awesome work:-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you hun!! thank you for the kind comment! I'm now following you on Bloglovin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey ^^

    great photos && love your super blog ^^
    thx for your comment on my blog ^^wanna follow each other ?^^

    http://dreamloveshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear, love the tittle of your blog, its so cute and creative! I really like the silhouette you created in the look, with the flair skirt and belted waist, and the bright blue colour is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit so much!!! Following you!

    Kisses, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow you look sooo beautiful! love your skirt :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the belt
    http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete